AFRICA HR Solutions in Somalia
Situated in the Horn of Africa, welcome to Somalia officially known as the Federal Republic of Somalia or the country of ethnicity. For an unusual experience, Somalia is the perfect destination. It is bordered by Ethiopia, Djibouti and the Indian Ocean. Formerly recognized as a Port of call, Somalia was the destination which privileged passing-by investors and trading facilities. Somalia offers unexpected and wonderful surprises; you may come across some beautiful deserted beaches worth seeing. Somalia has a population of 11 million inhabitants and the natural increase is set to be positive.
Looking For A Tailor-Made HR and Payroll Solution for Your Business in Somalia?
What are some Fun Facts About Somalia?
- Mogadishu, was founded and populated by the Arab, Persian, and Indian sea merchants in the 10th century. Mogadishu quickly became heavily populated.
- Somalia was the first country in East Africa to establish diplomatic relationships with China.
- Somalia has the longest coastline in Africa and some of the beaches are breath-taking. One of the most popular, the Lido Beach is Mogadishu’s most admired because it has white sands that host beach scenes that you’d see in many other parts of the world.
- Somalia has the cheapest cellular calling rates on the continent and where some companies charge less than a cent per minute! Currently, there are about 11 licensed local operators whose networks cover the whole nation. The biggest one is Somali Telecom, the country’s first private telecommunication company which opened in 1994
Here at Africa HR, we offer a Professional Employment Outsourcing (PEO) facility. We provide businesses with wide range of human-resources services which includes:
- Human Resources Management
- Payroll Administration and processing
- Safety Programs
- Recruiting and Outplacement support
- Government Compliance
If the expat life is meant for you, a lucky and wild experience awaits you which Africa HR Solutions cherish.
- Raw sugar
- Palm oil
- Sheep and goats
- Oily seeds
- Essential oils
Major Trading Partners:
Gross Domestic Product (GDP):
- 3.7% growth
- $600 per capita
Global Ranking in Economy Progress 2016: Not Ranked
Mogadishu is the official capital of Somalia, the most populated and one of the major commercial towns of East Africa. Situated on the coastal area of Somalia. Since the Somali civil war, it was reconstructed very rapidly with an International airport, new paved roads, hotels, embassies. Visitors and expats could get the opportunity to explore the capital city’s Italian colonial architecture, markets and beaches, and the historic Battle of Mogadishu sites as well.
Somali and Arabic are the two official languages of Somalia. Somali is the mother tongue of the locals and Arabic is the more administrative, trading and commercial language. English and Italian are also spoken by a small majority in the country.
Somalia was declared as a least developed country by the United Nations with an informal economy who’s highly dependent on the subsistence farming and agriculture. The Agricultural sector is however the most important industry of the country as it accounts as one of the major parts of the exports and of the GDP. The industrial sector is majorly about the processed of agricultural products and machineries and the telecommunications sector has also its importance; Somalia offers some wireless services in some big cities and is one of the cheapest mobile rates of the world. The local supermarkets and the hotels which still work despite the current wars help the country to fight against poverty.