AFRICA HR Solutions in Tunisia
Welcome to Tunisia, officially known as the Republic of Tunisia situated in Northern Africa bordering the Mediterranean Coast, Libya and Algeria. Land of cultures, sandy beaches and breath-taking panoramic views. Tunisia is one of the destinations who fascinates both tourists and expats. The Sahara Desert, one of the most popular sites forms part of the splendid decor offered to million of visitors. Tunisia has a current population of 11.4 million inhabitants whose increase is set to be positive for the next few years.
Looking For A Tailor-Made HR and Payroll Solution for Your Business in Tunisia?
How Should I Conduct Business in Tunisia?
Make your Expat project in Tunisia a success
If you’re looking for employment in Tunisia, the language facility in Arabic and French is a priority however job offers may be limited for expats and for Tunisian locals as well because of the job market who looks competitive. However, the government is working on several projects to create more job opportunities for the next years to come.
Business Protocols and Meetings
- Tunisians prefer to practice business with people they know and whom they respect; consequently, they prefer spending time to develop a personal relationship before conducting business.
- Among the Arabic countries, Tunisians consider themselves on being privileged hosts.
- The French culture who have strongly influenced the way business is interpreted, business practices are practiced in cafes and restaurants.
- Tunisians often judge individuals on the way they dress.
- If you’re a brilliant degree holder and achieved a special recognition from a prestigious university, you shall impress Tunisians.
To be able to work in Tunisia, a work permit is a need along with a valid passport and a residence permit. To obtain a work permit, the Ministry of Social Affairs is the place where it needs to be taken on. Once approved, a residence permit from the Interior Ministry is valid for one year only.
Here at Africa HR, we offer a Professional Employment Outsourcing (PEO) facility. We provide businesses with wide range of human-resources services which includes:
- Human Resources Management
- Payroll Administration and processing
- Salary Surveys
- Safety Programs
- Recruiting and Outplacement support
- Government Compliance
If the expat life is meant for you, a lucky and wild experience awaits you which Africa HR Solutions cherish.
- Olive oil.
- Metal products
- Transportation equipments.
Main Trading Partners:
France, other countries of European Union, North African countries.
Gross Domestic Product (GDP):
- $124.3 billion
- 2.3% growth
- 1.8% 5-year annual growth
- $11,300 per capita
Unemployment Rate: 13.3%
Global Ranking in Economy Progress 2016: 114th
Tunis is the official capital city of Tunisia and considered as one of the most interesting cities of the region where the Eastern and Western influences meet, it is home to thousands of cultures and where cultural sites, restaurants, bars and markets can be found along the town.
Arabic is the official language of Tunisia and French is the second language. Both are used for education, administration and political purposes
Tunisia has an assorted economy, mainly dependent on agriculture, mining, tourism and manufacturing. However, the agronomic sector is one of the main pillar of the country, employing the majority of workforce. Considered as a prosperous country, Tunisia’s economic development is set to be positive. The major agricultural products are: wheat, dates, almonds, fruits etc… As one of the richest resources in Phosphates and Iron Ore, it is beyond doubt the main strength of the country.