Senegal - Professional Employer Organization (PEO)

Africa HR Solutions provides PEO services (Professional Employer Organization) for organizations that want to hire expats and local nationals in Senegal. We enable you to run payroll without first establishing a branch office or subsidiary in Senegal. Your workforce is hired according to local labor laws. 

As an African PEO expert, Africa HR Solutions manages employment contract best practices and guarantees 100% compliance for your workers in Senegal.

What's Should an Expat Know About Senegal?

Payroll and Taxes for expats

There are many tax obligations and opportunities in Senegal, particularly for expats who shall need a team assisted by employers regarding possible settlements in the country. The regularity of employments of expats and good relationships with the Senegalese taxes, labor and social security services. Expats shall need a visa to enter Senegal, a work permit for taking up employment given by the Senegalese Labour and Social Security Department. Tax on salaries should be paid monthly by employers.

Expats are taxed on a fraction of their income within the company in charge. Whether an expat has to pay the local tax or not, they are considered as a Senegalese resident and they will be due their global annual income.

 Employment visas

Employees immigrating to Senegal with their families for over three months of time shall need a residence permit with the following documents:

Requests for residence permits

Medical certificates

A criminal record dated less than three months

a family record book (for those married)

a copy of the passport

a copy of the contract of employment

a birth certificate

three identity photos

three last bank statements or a commitment of a guarantee of repatriation (the amount depends on the nationality).

Payroll administrations and processing is all about recording employees’ data and ensuring each information is kept accurately and employees paid on time. Payroll administration involves time sheets, wages, record and post time and payroll data for employees. Administrators ensure payroll information is accurate and employees are paid on time. Africa HR Solutions Ltd is going to is going to deliver the best effective policies and procedures to make create a structured framework.

Africa HR Solutions Ltd is the Leading African Employment Expert which you shall come across.

Payroll Outsourcing in Senegal
Gross Domestic Product (GDP)

$33.6 billion

5% growth

3.4% 5-year annual growth

5% growth

Unemployment Rate: 10.0%

Global Ranking in Economy Progress 2016: 111th


Dakar is the official capital city of Senegal. A vibrant town welcoming visitors and expatriates with their warm smiles and colonial features. Known as the city of arts, where the best Senegalese arts are displayed in town. The various markets are also popular in the country and makes the pride of the locals.


West African CFA franc


The official language in Senegal is French but it’s only used be a minority of Senegalese locals who were educated, around 10% of the population are French native speakers. The remaining 90% speak their own ethnic language, making Senegal a linguistic diversity country.


Senegal is one of the most stable country in Africa. Primarily an agricultural country, around 75% of the population works in this industry. The industrial sector of Senegal is a new boom in the country, prioritizing the production of crops. Senegal is a food importer specially rice, representing 75% of cereal imports, as well as peanuts, sugarcane, cotton and cash crops. Despite the lack of innovation in the fishing sector, it remains Senegal’s main economic resource and major foreign exchange earner.

Here at Africa HR, We Offer A Professional Employment Outsourcing (PEO) Facility.

We provide businesses with wide range of human resources services which includes:

Human Resources Management

Salary Surveys

Payroll Administration and processing

Immigration Solutions

Recruiting and Outplacement support

Government Compliance