WHAT IS AN EMPLOYER OF RECORD (EOR) SERVICE IN AFRICA?
An Africa Employer of Record service provider is a registered organisation specialised in the delivery of HR outsourcing services to global clientele who represent the continent’s international investors and social aid funders. These clients turn to an Africa Employer of Record (EOR) in case they do not want to set up their own entity in single or multiple African countries – or at least not right away, but still wish to test the market first. Outsourcing the employer function to a specialist provider mitigates risks, minimises time and cost consuming procedures, and allows investors and funders to start their in-country operations more easily and more rapidly. An Africa EOR expert has fully capable in-country teams and also manages the end-to-end payroll requirements for its clients’ local and expatriate employees – all in full compliance with applicable labour legislation and regulatory frameworks. Accordingly, an Africa EOR is not just a staffing agency.
Why use Employer of Record services in Africa?
An Employer of Record service provider offers a readily available HR platform, together with a fully operational and proven system to compliantly employ and payroll local national and expatriate staff across Africa, thereby minimising implementation time and reducing costs across the HR management function.
- Significant time saving and cost efficiency
No need to build, buy, rent, or register a branch office in- country. Your Africa EOR represents your local entity, helping you avoid a time-consuming and financially costly process. In addition, there is no need for you to support additional HR, Finance, or Legal functions in-country. Outsourcing to an Africa EOR improves the availability of funds and cash flow, ultimately supporting your development and market expansion objectives, whilst being beneficial to your bottom line.
- Risk mitigation
Outsourcing to an Africa EOR transfers the majority of compliance risks to the Employer of Record in relation to hiring, the correct classification of the workforce, contract drafting, payroll, statutory payments to the authorities, and mandatory employee benefits – all of which minimise the risks of penalties and legal disputes arising from non-compliance with local labour laws and regulatory practices. In addition, it minimises the risks and costs of testing a new market in Africa or implementing an expansion plan across several countries in Africa.
- Simplicity and flexibility
No need to hire local or expatriate employees yourself. Whether for a small or a larger team, your Africa EOR becomes the registered and contractual employer of your workforce in-country and remains responsible for the full onboarding process as well as ongoing compliance in accordance with all associated regulatory and labour law obligations.
- Streamlined end-to-end payroll process
No need to manage your teams’ in-country payroll. Your Africa EOR remains fully responsible for conducting the end-to-end payroll process in accordance with all associated regulatory obligations and ensures that payroll is implemented compliantly, accurately, and on time, relieving you of the technical and administrative burden of managing a foreign and complex payroll.
Your Africa Employer of Record takes care of all the above and more, and in significantly less time than a foreign company could. Through its existing local entities, its comprehensive skillset, and the local expertise of a dedicated team attending compliantly to all requirements, clients have access to a full-service partnership, which enables them to focus on their core activities and strategic objectives, minimising downtime and subsequent financial loss.
- Legal compliance
Outsourcing to an Employer of Record service provider offers international organisations expanding into Africa a safe, proven, and legally compliant solution. There is no need for clients to handle the burden of complex international employment regulations, nor bear the responsibility for compliance. Securing the expertise of an Africa EOR who is adept at navigating the continent’s ever-changing labour laws and regulatory practices provides the ultimate peace of mind.
- Employee convenience and comfort
Local nationals and expatriate employees benefit from the assurance that they’ll be paid accurately and on time. Knowing that they have the support of qualified and experienced local HR professionals allows employees to properly devote themselves to the execution of their professional duties.
When to use an Africa Employer of Record?
An Africa Employer of Record service provider (EOR) assists multinational organisations when they have decided to expand into a particular African country, or more widely across the continent, but who wish to focus on their strategic priorities and core activities. These organisations outsource the HR-related functions to their Africa Employer EOR. When employing local nationals in Africa or hiring expatriate staff in Africa, whether for commercial businesses or NGO projects, outsourcing to an Africa Employer of Record service provider significantly alleviates the challenge of navigating the diversity and complexities of Africa’s national laws and market idiosyncrasies.
Engaging an expert focused on Africa to assist with a compliant employment outsourcing solution, in lieu of setting up one’s own in-country entity, provides the advantage of tapping instantly into valuable insights and local expertise (including experience with similar projects and industries), thereby streamlining the whole hiring, employment and payroll process and accelerating the start of the new African operations.
The Africa EOR then becomes (instead of the client) the in-country entity that is legally responsible for employing and paying the client’s local and expatriate workforce, including dealing with employee benefits and immigration support services.
An Africa Employer of Record service has become the preferred choice of multinational organisations who have decided to implement a market expansion strategy targeting Africa. An Africa EOR allows these organisations to both test a new market in a measured fashion and to implement the continued expansion of their activities across multiple African countries.
Why choose Africa HR Solutions as your Africa Employer of Record?
Africa HR Solutions offers everything you should be looking for in a specialist Africa Employer of Record service provider. We are exclusively focused on the African market and our high-calibre team is composed of fully bilingual experts, covering English and French-speaking African countries.
Accordingly, if you are looking to establish a presence in Africa, or need to strengthen your foothold across the continent, without wanting to register an entity in-country, engaging Africa HR Solutions can add value to your strategic initiatives. Our solid credentials and track record over the past 10 years have culminated in consistently high-quality standards and constant reliability in terms of service delivery.
Whether you are looking at employing local nationals in Africa and/or hiring expatriates in Africa, you can rely on our full range of capabilities and trusted operating model to meet your requirements in a cost-effective and transparent manner.
Under our Africa EOR service, we are able to compliantly onboard, employ, conduct the end-to-end payroll activities and manage employee benefits for your employees and contractors in Africa, together with a range of in-country support services.
- We become your local entity in English and French-speaking Africa.
- No need to set up or register a local entity to start operating immediately.
- We simplify the whole process to facilitate your operations.
- As your trusted Africa EOR, we are your single point of contact for all your African HR service requirements.
- We hire your in-country teams (local nationals and expatriates) through a legally compliant employment solution and allow them to start working rapidly.
Mitigates your risks. Fast tracks your operations. Cost-effective.
- We understand the complexities of African payroll outsourcing.
- We offer a fully managed end-to-end payroll service, for single or multi-country mandates, in full compliance with in-country legislation.
- We operate daily within the African business environment and have local teams across all countries we service in Africa.
- We have secure cross-border payments capabilities across Africa, including local currency payments.
- We assign a dedicated Key Account Manager to each client, as well as a team of regionally focused payroll consultants.
- We leverage sophisticated technology including best-in-class payroll software (with full employee self-service functionality).
- We ensure accurate and timely net salary payments, including all necessary in-country statutory payments to the relevant authorities, and also process employee expense reimbursements.
Provide peace of mind that your workers are being paid accurately and on time.
- We provide in-country support to your workforce, enabling successful operations in-country.
- As your Africa EOR, we ensure that new employee onboarding is a streamlined process.
- Our dedicated support team provides worker-related in-country assistance.
- We procure a range of employee benefits, both mandatory and customised (based on a client’s preference), including payments to third parties for insurance coverage and pension fund contributions.
- We offer a range of ancillary services in-country such as:
– Identifying and securing office space.
– Leasing or purchasing IT equipment.
– Renting or leasing motor vehicles.
– Opening local bank and telecommunication accounts and securing accommodation for expatriate employees.
Your teams in Africa focus on their core duties and enjoy an enhanced HR experience.
- Work permit and immigration assistance.
- We navigate the differing requirements, complexities and legislation relating to hiring expatriates in Africa for temporary or permanent employment.
- We ensure that your expatriate staff obtain work and residence permits in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Our experienced in-country teams deal with all formalities and liaise directly with the local authorities until work permit applications are approved, and also provide meet-and-greet and in-country support services.
Our ownership of the end-to-end immigration process makes it seamless for you, your expatriate staff, and their families.
Need EOR Services in Africa?
Need EOR Services in Africa?
Countries we cover